Internet/Online/New Media, Non-profit
Job Duration: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY
Job Requirements: The Metropolitan Museum of Art seeks an experienced Media Producer to lead the development, presentation and implementation of public-facing digital technologies and educational multimedia to support the Museums collection, exhibitions and related activities. Media projects may include media-rich digital resources, interactive installations, video and audio tours.
- Oversees digital media projects from conception through completion, serving as the primary contact for internal and external parties.
- Creates and executes project proposals, specifications, and budgets; develops and manages multiple concurrent project plans; helps to shape and define the experience of the Museum visitorboth physical and virtual; and ensures quality and consistency across media product lines.
- Serves as media project team leader, working with content creators, designers, media specialists, external contractors, and editors, and production staff.
- Responsible for creating media that meets the interpretative goals of curatorial and education staff, along with objectives from other stakeholders.
Experience and Skills
- 5 years experience in educational media production, visual or moving image arts, digital communications, or related field, is required.
- Strong project management, communication, collaborative, and organizational abilities are essential.
- Currency with new developments in multimedia solutions, technologies, delivery, and UI design is ideal.
- Must have solid experience developing and managing budgets and project plans.
- Ability to supervise and work with video crews and audio engineers is required.
- Must be able to produce multiple projects on time and within budget.
- Energy, enthusiasm, initiative, and innovation are key qualities for this position.
Knowledge and Education
- BA or BS required; advanced degree with a concentration in digital media, digital communications, visual or moving image arts, desired
- Technical familiarity and expertise with media editing tools and software, such as Final Cut Pro, is necessary.